-
March 24th, 2003, 10:01 PM
#1
Inactive Member
My father has had a pair of "Voice of the Theatre" family speakers - home versions, in a furniture quality cabinet- since the late '60s. I'm not just sure of a model name or number. They each have a single 15 in woofer, and the large horn tweeter.
I gather that there may be a market for these speakers, or at least people who would appreciate them. Does anyone here have any sugestions or contacts towards finding a home for these?
I would love to keep them myself, since they were my original introduction to Hi-fi, but they are just too large! My wife barely accepts my little B&W's!
Thanks,
SkiDad
-
March 25th, 2003, 12:08 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Hi, SkiDad:
I would be happy to give them a good home. What part of the world are they in?
Best wishes,
David Yost
-
March 25th, 2003, 01:04 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
First, you need to determine exactly what you have. You can browse the A/L catalog pages at:
http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/.../altec-cat.htm
Second, you need to determine what would be a fair asking price (assuming you want to sell). Once you know exactly what you have, you might try searces on eBay to see if any are for sale. Don't forget to check the Completed items section to see if any have sold recently and for how much.
-
March 25th, 2003, 02:19 PM
#4
Inactive Member
If it were me- Marriage counselling! Mostly joking.
-
March 25th, 2003, 06:02 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Thanks Charles,
I found this page from your link:
catalog 1971
or http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...ome/page14.jpg
I think my dad bought them a year or two earlier than '71, but it was close. The "Flamenco" style in the upper left picture is what I have.
-
March 25th, 2003, 10:48 PM
#6
Inactive Member
If it were me, I'd hold on to them...You will never find the sound quality you have now, for what you will get for them.
-
March 25th, 2003, 11:02 PM
#7
Inactive Member
-
March 27th, 2003, 02:27 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Hi Skidad:
Here's another idea; a bit complex perhaps but never the less something to think about.
If you're handy at stuff, going to stay in the house you are in for some time, and like the sound of the VOT's......You might be able to swap your Valencias for a pair of 604-8(G,K,?) duplex speakers and install them infinite baffle style in the ceiling of your (living,listening) room. You would have a drop down slanted baffle with the back of the speaker open to the attic.
Just a thought, and no, I'm not a candidate for a swap here. I don't have the room needed for a pair of Valencias either.
Dan
-15F this morning but clear.
-
March 28th, 2003, 05:32 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Saw a pair of these go for $3,000 on Ebay
once - don't settle for less than $2,500.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks